About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Florida

Friday morning I hopped on a plane from San Diego to Panama City, FL to go visit the ol' ball and chain. I left SD at 10:45 am and took a 4 hour flight to Atlanta, GA (which is a FANTASTIC airport by the way). I was extremely disappointed to learn my next flight to Florida was delayed several hours. Disappointed is not a strong enough word...i was LIVID!! I just paid an arm and a leg to fly to the complete opposite side of the country for a day and a half to see my husband who i haven't seen in months, and won't see again for months after this weekend. Every minute counts people!! So, I finally got on my flight and made it to Florida an into the arms of my wonderful hubby :) HALLELUJAH! Another hour at baggage claim (ugh) and a 40 minute drive to the base, by 11:00 pm Price and I could finally unwind and relax together!


The weather was UNREAL!!!! I don't think i've ever sweat so much just standing still outside...EVER! But we still went out a little bit. We walked around a really nice outdoor mall and found this funny little outfit for our niece Sydney...


Price took me to his school house, and besides it smelling like a boys high school locker room, it was really nice to get a glimpse into what he's doing out there. There were a lot of classrooms with all kinds of interesting equipment and a 40 foot deep pool!Unfortunatly i didn't bring my camera, it would have been cool to capture where he spends most of his days cramming his brain with an unreal amount of diving information... (look at the size of this book!!)


Saturday night, Price took me to this really cool restaurant called the BoatYard. It was B-E-A-UTIFUL! We sat outside on the deck RIGHT on the water. It was lit with candle light an a super nice breeze off the water.

The food was pretty good. We started with warm brie with chile pecans and cinnamon baked apples served on HUGE slices of toast...my FAVORITE of the night.


Price had garlic butter shrimp with cuban black beans, rice and sweet fried plantains.


I had a salad with feta cheese, greek olives, chile pecans,super fresh tomatoes, and the heart of a palm tree! I didn't know palm trees were edible, but it was actually really good! My salad was lacking in the dressing a little, but i still enjoyed it.


After dinner we wasted our money on a movie called THE AMERICAN starring George Clooney. BLAH..YAWN..BOO!! Then a few beers with some of his friends (well, I drank, he was the responsible one).

Both Saturday an Sunday mornings we ate breakfast at the Galley on base, and let me tell you...I would be HUGE if i ate there everyday! Any and everything you could imagine was being served, hot and fresh made...EVEN ICE CREAM!!! Yes, that's right, FOR BREAKFAST! I was pretty excited!

What i wasn't excited about was just a short 42 hours after joining Price, I had to say goodbye and head back home to San Diego. If it wasn't for my two handsome little men waiting for me back home, i don't think i would have gotten on that plane. :( .

After several hours of flying and just a few short hours of sleep, i returned to my normal routine and back to work. Im not going to lie, i was pretty depressed and not wanting to be there, but here are a few little bright spots in my Monday...

An insured sent in a receipt for a meal to be reinbursed, and on it was 'MARINATED PORK BUTT' as a meal!! I know this is juvenile, but i couldn't help but laugh! HA HA HA


AND...a few uplifting thoughts wrapped around some much needed chocolates. Candy always makes things a little better!

So for everyone who is seperated from the ones they love, i'm right there with you. Enjoy all the time you have with your special someone!!

Lots of Love, and Bunches of Hugs,
Brogan Lee XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment