About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Oct. 3rd weekend

This past weekend was one of the first in a very long time that i wasn't out of town, having company or have a million things planned. So we took it easy. Saturday was a little tramatic with Ethan taking a bad spill in the hallway. He was left with this ugly bump on his head...

Saturday night, my mom did me a huge favor and agreed to keep an eye on the two little ones so i could have some "me" time. I decided to movie hop! I understand that this is breaking some rules, but $10.75 for 1 movie?... R U NUTS?!?! PLUS, the $14.25 i spent on popcorn, diet coke and red vines. So i spent $25 on a date night with myself, i was going to get a little more than 2 hours out of it :) I saw...

"Easy A" and ...

"Life as we know it"

They were both good, and i didn't regret spending the money to see them one bit! But they are opposites when it comes to emotions, so i was pretty drained by 11:30 when they were over, (i tend to cry a lot in movies, which is part of the reason i like to go by myself, nobody needs to hear/see me blubbering during a fictional love story, its not pretty, trust me!)
Then Sunday when the kids got up (WWAAYY to early, as usual) i put on a pot of coffee and made banana chocolate chip mickey mouse pancakes with fruit and bacon faces. They were a pretty big hit with Preston, and pretty yummy if i say so myself!

After breakfast Preston played a round of Super Hero Memory with both my mom and I. (He beat both of us in record time!)

The Coronado Fire Dept was having an open house/block party on the island, so my mom and i loaded up the kids and went to check it out. There was a lot of fun stuff going on. Although we didn't get to enjoy the hot dogs, face painting or dunk tank, we watched a heli-copter land in the street...

fire fighters demonstrait how they cut apart crashed cars...

played with rescue dogs...

watched a bomb disposing robot cruise around...

got cool hats...

and checked out the fire trucks!

After a little running around at the park, we were all VERY tired, so we called it a day and headed home. But of course, the projects never stop! After getting home we decided to built some more storage space in the kitchen to better accomidate all my moms things (oh, fyi: she moved into the addition at the beginning of the month to help me out while Price is gone for the next year). I think after all the counters are replaces and the molding is put on all the cabinets and everything is painted the kitchen will look nice..at least im hopeful! :)

FINALLY, after a long day, the kids were in bed, and we sat down to a yummy dinner made from a SUPER easy recipe i found on another blog (http://www.justcookalready.com/2010/09/taco-soup.html) It was more of a Taco Stew or chili than a soup, but extremly good! I highly reccomend giving it a try!

It was great to have some alone time, spend quality time with my boys, accomplish a project at the house, and still get dinner on the table at the end of the day. Im hoping next weekend will be just as nice... before i start the travels again in 2 weeks!

Lots of Love, and Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment