About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Truffles

So this whole diet thing...yeah, it's not working out. I l-o-v-e the holidays and i l-o-v-e holiday treats! I also belong to a dessert club at work and this week was my turn to bring something. I settled on truffles!...Actually to be perfectly honest, i was waiting for an excuse to make some, and this seemed like the perfect occasion.


1st up...La Dolce Vida Candy Cane Truffles...they taste wonderful, but i must have done something wrong, because they would melt within about 2 minutes of being outside the freezer.


2nd... Chocolate and Raspberry Truffles...these seemed to be the big hit at my office.


3rd...Dark Chocolate Truffles...a pretty classic taste


4th and lastly...Aunt Margies Peanut Butter Bon Bons...(i added my own little touch, and drizzled melted butterscotch chips over the top) these are mine and Ethans favorite! I had to postpone making them until after he went to bed, because for every one bon-bon i rolled, Ethan would eat one. I wasn't making a lot of progress :)


In the end, i had over 5 pounds of truffles and about 3 dozen bon-bons!


For my 1st time making chocolates, i was pretty happy with the results...but my waist line...NOT SO MUCH :(


Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee

2 comments:

  1. wow these look amazing! you are going to have to teach me how to make them when I come down in Jan...by the way we need to pick a date

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEAL!! And infact, ill even send you some this holiday season :) Any favorite flavors?? Or do like them all?? I am an open book in January, come asap!

    ReplyDelete