About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Florida in February

FINALLY!!!! In mid February I was able to see my hubby again!! AND... for 4 1/2 whole days! I few to Florida to see him on a Thursday night and was able to stay all the way until Tuesday. This may not seem like much time together but in comparison to the 40 hours i spent there on my last trip out, this was a DREAM! And i love our kids, but it was really nice to just have some husband/wife time. <3 Price really hates when i take a million pictures so i don't have a lot of documentation of our long weekend together, but i was able to snag a few shots when he wasn't looking. HA HA HA!!

We stayed in a town called Niceville, which basically had only a Taco Bell, a pizza joint and a few gas stations. So when we were itching to get out and do something, we had to go for a little drive... (see below, Price driving his "new" very old truck...aka his current piece of work)



The nearest town was called Destin and required a drive over a long toll bridge (approx a 25 minute drive away). The view below the bridge was pretty cool...



We were feeling a little adventurous and decided to try seafood for lunch. I have not been known to be a big seafood fan, but i thought I'd give it a try. We found what seemed to be a little "tourist" spot near the bridge that goes to Fort Walton Beach. It was called 'Crazy Lobster'. And like the few places I've been in Florida, the outdoor dining view was B-E-A-utiful!



Our sodas and lobster bibs (which Price refused to put on, but i proudly wore with my hair pulled back and my sleeves rolled up)...



UUMMM salad and seafood. Our meal could not have been more colorful!



This is the single serving bucket ,which we didn't even come close to finishing. And for anyone who knows Price's eating abilities, that's really saying something! It had one blackened lobster, two king crab, one corn on the cob, two potatoes, one pound of the biggest shrimp i have ever seen, one pound of clams (yuck) and one pound of oysters (again , yuck!). It was kind of fun to crack those bad boys open and eat with our hands! AND, I have to admit, I couldn't help but play with the lobster and crabs claws while making silly voices... ah to always be young at heart!



So back to San Diego I flew on Tuesday morning not to see my wonderful husband again until the end of March when we fly out to Washing DC with all of my siblings to visit my EXPECTING :) sister Ashlee and her family and to celebrate my other sister Karlene's DIRTY THIRTY!!! The weeks just can't pass quick enough!

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs!!
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment