About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day

Happy, Happy St. Patrick's day!! Today is the day to dress in green (and pinch anyone who is not), eat green snacks and speak with an Irish accent! In the spirit of this "holiday" I accessorized with the biggest green jewelery I could find in my closet (I don't seem to own any cute green clothing).



Here's a little close up of the "green-ness"...



Not only is today St. Patty's day, it was also my day to bring food to work for the appetizer club I am in. So, again, sticking with the green theme I made rice krispie treats in the shapes of shamrocks and green funfetti cupcakes. The tops of the cupcakes were decorated with piped butter cream frosting to resemble a cloud. The I took a Rolo and put yellow frosting and gold sprinkles on top, to resemble a pot o' gold. I cut multi-colored sour ropes from Sweet Factory into short strips and attempted to arc them on the top of the cupcake.



These did not quite turn out the way I had hoped. I think i was supposed to cut the sour ropes a few days ago and lay them over something round to get hard and mold into an arch, because when i put them on the cupcakes, they fell flat. After i took them into the office and dropped some off at daycare, I had a thought... "i should have stuck a tooth pick in the cupcake and under the candy to prop it up into the arch." Oh well, live and learn!



I also made green shamrock shaped rice krispie treats. Can you really go wrong with rice krispies treats? I think not. These were a HUGE pain in the butt to make, however. The cookie cutter i used kept getting really sticky, so after every one i cut, i had to clean it under hot water. It was a long process!



The end results!



Again, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment