About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter

Easter, Easter, EASTER!! I love this time of year. Why, you ask? The candy!! I just can't get enough of the: Peeps, Cadbury Cream Eggs, Jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, Robbin Eggs, and just about anything marshmallow. I also love witnessing the anxious anticipation of the boys as another holiday nears. Preston has been counting down the days until 'The Bunny' makes his secret entrance into our home to stash candy and eggs for about a month now. I'm sure as soon as the candy runs out he'll be asking how much longer until the next holiday!
I had Good Friday off of work, so the week leading up to Easter i got my bake on, and started to make things for my work potluck and the kids daycare Easter party.

When the kids treats were done, i had extra cupcakes so i decided to make a little something for the adults in our house.


The strawberries were really good on top of the chocolate and a little of the juice soaked into the cake so they were really sweet. The only problem was the strawberries started to get a little wilted the longer they were out of the fridge.


While Nicole was visiting a few weeks ago and we were rummaging through Marshall's, i came across a fancy cupcake book i just HAD TO HAVE. I used the boys daycare party as my 1st excuse to try out one of the recipes.... "Bunny Butts"


I was pleased, not thrilled, with the way they turned out. I think in the future i need to set aside more time and be more patient while decorating. The most important thing is the kids loved them!


Our office had a Easter potluck on Thursday. Let me tell you, people really pulled out all the stops this time! I was full from 8:30 am until about 9:30pm! I made these little cuties...


They are Rice Krispie Treat baskets with a Twizzler handle and frosting piped around the edges. I put jelly beans and Robbin Eggs inside. Everyone at the office loved them and the majority of my co-workers took them home for their kids.


I can never resist the opportunity to take a self portrait :) Ha Ha HA. So here i am on Thursday, ready to hit the road and deliver my home made treats!!


Easter morning: The Easter Bunny came!! Preston is following in his Uncle Martin's footsteps and is already a master Easter basket hunter by the age of 4. All i had to say is his basket was green and he found it in about 30 seconds flat. I hadn't even left my bedroom yet when i heard him yelling "I found it, I found it!!"


I really thought it was hidden well to!


Ethan on the other hand, was not so quick to find his basket.


He was getting really irritate and was harassing Preston for his candy so i finally had to give him a hint.


Lots of candy = happy Walling boys!


It wasn't even 9:00am and they boys were already outside hunting for eggs. It took Ethan a few minutes to get the hang of the whole thing and Preston would have taken them all if it wasn't for me screaming at him to "drop that egg"!!


Ethan and his basket...


The boys were comparing their findings...Ethan pointed in Preston's basket and said "WOOOOOW"!! It was pretty cute and it made Preston pretty proud.


This is the cake (well a slightly updated version) that my Grandma Donna used to make for my mom and uncles and my mom used to make for me and my siblings. I decided to keep the tradition going this year.


Yes, the cake was very large, and yes the boys look a little creepy in the photo. It took about 15 attempts to get a picture where they were both "smiling" and were not trying to pick the candy off the cake.


Sunday was the only day when the weather was crappy, but we still went to Imperial Beach and hung out for a few hours.


Ethan took a while to warm up to the idea of playing in the sand, but by the time we had to go, he was kicking and screaming to stay!


I would say this Easter was a success and was very relaxing. The only thing that could have made it better would have been if Price were home. Hopefully we'll see him next weekend!!! I hope you all had an equally wonderful weekend!

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment