About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Roll out the Barrels

This past weekend i made the trip to San Luis Obispo for the 3rd year in a row to attend the 21st annual Roll Out The Barrels wine tasting weekend! Unfortunately, this was the 2ND year that i was not able to enjoy the wines, but the food at each of the vineyards was delicious! We could not have asked for a more beautiful weekend, and i even got a little color (and some gnarly tan lines)!

I drove into town Thursday evening and my best friend Nicole and I headed to the downtown SLO farmers market. This was probably one of the best farmers markets i have been to in years. The smells of all the produce were so pungent. There was live music and a lot of restaurants set out booths with delicious foods. Nicole had a bowl-less teriyaki rice bowl (it was wrapped in a green tortilla) and i started with a roasted ear of corn with butter, chili, garlic and salt and pepper. Then i moved onto an authentic Philly Cheese steak sandwich...cheese whip and all. It was of AMAZING! Then, we did what girls do best, and stayed up until almost 2 am chattin' away!

Friday was a wonderfully typical girlie day...coffee, shopping, pedicures, lunch, more shopping, frozen yogurt, a delicious hors d'oeuvres dinner made with items bought at the Farmers market the night before, a chick flick, and of course, another late night chat fest.

(Can you guess which frozen yogurt was mine?!?!)


Saturday morning, we were up bright and early, Nicole made us marvelous fruit and yogurt parfaits, and her friend Kelsey came over.
This breakfast was soooo good!

The three of us ladies hit the road to start our day. I'll tell you now; because i was not sampling any wine, i took pictures of ALL the food, and instead of me telling you about the "light fruity chardonnay" at Tolosa, I'll tell you about the brownies,BBQ beef, salads and more from each of the vineyards we visited. ;-)

She was a good sport to sit in the little back seat of my car!

Coming up the driveway to our first stop of the day...

1st stop:Talley...B-E-A-tiful scenery, BBQ sirloin sandwich on a toasted garlic bread bun, served with an oriental salad and a frosting topped brownie for dessert (yes, dessert at 11am! Totally my kind of place). I did smell most of the wines, and Talley's Syrah was fantastic! I REALLY, REALLY wanted a glass!




2nd stop: Wolff... An accordion and a harmonica player, meatball sandwiches and a REALLY steep gravel driveway that was NOT fun to walk down in 4 inch wedges!





3rd stop: Baileyana... I really love this place. We have gone here every year. There is bocce ball and bean bag toss and this year they had a sparkling wine. The food was BBQ pulled pork, grits, cole slaw and spicy grilled shrimp.




4th and final stop: Tolosa... This place is my all time favorite! They have the best wine in my opinion (and endless pours), they had a man singing, playing the guitar and another on the fiddle, AND pizza was the meal served!

I was too caught up in the music, sunshine and a great conversation to take many more pictures here.

After veggin' for a while back at Nicole's place, we went to dinner in downtown SLO and then went to a very late showing of Bad Teacher. The movie was sadly not as good as i had hoped :-(




The weekend came and went and before we knew it, it was Sunday morning. We made one last stop at Salisbury winery for breakfast. We had pancakes, sausage, strawberries and blueberries with whip cream. I had coffee, but the girls had "backwards mimosas" (pinot and blood orange Italian soda).

I said my goodbyes and started my 345 mile drive home. I had a great time with my best friend (and enjoyed meeting a new friend). I can't wait until our next visit...and R.O.T.B. 2012! Hopefully next year I won't be pregnant again and all my siblings and the hubby can join us!

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment