About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4th Weekend

Happy fourth of July everyone! I hope that the weather where ever you all live was as nice as the weather we had this weekend. Lately there has been a lot of "June gloom" on the weekends, but San Diego decided to kick July off right with a hot, sunny 3 day weekend. The boys and I took full advantage of the sun. We painted in the front yard...

Preston LOVES to paint...

This was a FANTASTIC Christmas gift idea from Aunt Ashlee and Uncle Jeff (and Eco friendly paints from Aunt Karlene and Uncle Richard)...

Like that belly? I like to call it neighborhood teen birth control :-) ...

After painting we washed up with the hose (the sprayer on the hose was stuck so we couldn't hook up the sprinklers)...

Then the boys laid in the sun to dry for a few minutes while I made lunch. Poor Ethan is not made for sun. Preston, Ethan and I were all in the sun the same amount of time (about 45 minutes)and Ethan was the only one who burned. Really bad too, my little man is staring to get little blisters on his shoulders. I felt like such a bad mom...

The we ate lunch, napped and played around the house since Ethan was too burnt for the beach...

Even though my Mom is on a healthy eating kick, we didn't have any company, and the boys are pretty picky eaters, I didn't think any of these things were reason not to make a few yummy summer treats. Even if I was the only person eating them. (I am eating for two right?!?) There were Deviled eggs...

Salami wrapped cream cheese and yellow wax peppers...

Janea's black eyed peas...

Steak and veggie shish kabobs...

And, don't forget dessert!... A rice krispie treat American flag! The boys of course ate the heck out of this!

Also, I finally got around to putting a few flowers in the front yard. I still have TON of work to do out there, but it's progress.

It is finally starting to look a little less like a bunch of drug dealers live here, and a little more like a family is inside!

I hope you all had a safe, happy, sun filled July 4th! Sadly, I'm back to work tomorrow but only have a 4 day work week then am off to Modesto to see the family for Karlene's bridal shower. YAY!

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment