About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Venting

Prepare yourselves, this entire post will be dedicated to my current frustrations. 1st: I recently had my six week postpartum check up and was really discouraged but the lack of progress i've made in getting back to my normal shape. It doesnt seem to matter how many reassuring things I read in the handouts the midwifes provide, or incouraging things people say. I still feel crappy and i guess that wont go away until i get myself into gear and push myself to look the way i want. What's even more upsetting is that I seem to be the only women ever who can breast freed, work out 3-6 days a week for over an hour and a half, eat 1200-1500 HEALTHY calories a day and STILL not lose weight! In fact over the christmas week I even gained weight! UGH! 2nd: I am finally starting to understand how stressful it can be to have 3 children. Maverick is sleeping less and less during the days which means i have less and less time to work on chores and projects. I feel like i never get everything done. The cleaning, laundry, dishes never stop piling up and as soon as i seem to have it all under control, something comes up. It's not that big of a deal but for the OCD Brogan it can sometimes be overwhelming. 3rd: This isn't really that big of a deal, but Preston started school this week. I'm excited for him and happy that he is finally getting to interact with kids his own age and is getting some mental stimulation during the day. The problem is that his preschool is from 830-1230 and is a half hour drive away. So we leave the house at 8, get home at 9, have to leave again at 12 to get him and then dont get back home again until 1pm. Im also $410 poorer each month not to mention the gas money and money we spent on new clothes and shoes and the "donations" the school is asking for for school supplies...all while only reciving 65% pay due to maternity leave.

well, i'll leave with that. I'm sure there are plenty of other things to vent about but i dont want to be a downer and my exaustion has caused my mind to go blank! :)

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs!!
XOXO Brogan Lee

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there Brogie! You are an amazing mom and I'm impressed it has taken until now for you to get overwhelmed! Let me know when you need a little sister relief, and I'll get on the first flight to SD for a hangout!

    P.S. I was about to text you that what I wanted for my birthday was a new blog post, but then I logged in and saw there was an update-yay! Thanks for the present :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS SISTER!! THINGS ARE STARTING TO CALM DOWN A LITTLE NOW....FINALLY!

    ReplyDelete