About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Relaxing Time

As if my life isn't crazy to begin with, the past month has been, (and next few months will be) in hyper-crazy drive! I literally have something planned every single weekend from now until August, Whether it is going out of town or having company come to me. So last weekend I took a little "Me" time. I flew to Alameda (just outside of San Francisco) to spend the weekend with my sister Karlene, her fiance Richard, and our brother Martin. Not only was the weekend kid-less, it was also cell phone-less! I forgot my charger in S.D. and did not have to deal with a single phone call/email/text message from Friday until Monday night. So if that is not relaxing, i don't know what is!

Saturday, the weather was pretty crappy so we decided to ditch our Sonoma wine tasting (me food tasting) plans and walk around the city instead. I had my 1st experience at a REAL Tai food restaurant and ...i LOVED it! We drove all over San Francisco and walked into a lot of little boutiques and bakeries...then most importantly, we went to the Ferry Building to get yours truly some of the best gelato on the face of the planet! We ended the night by seeing "Bridesmaids" at the local theater and then falling asleep to old re-runs of Roseanne.

Sunday we were a little better about getting out the door before noon! Karlene and I headed over to Berkeley and picked up our brother Martin for brunch. It was a long wait, but the meal was amazing!! Karlene and I both had eggs Benedict's (it was my 1st time).



Martin had pancakes with pecan butter and candied pecans on top. They looked amazing and I'm proud of myself for not eating any of his. (i think i was too full and loved my meal too much).




The bacon was unlike any bacon i have ever had, and the toast was served with strawberry jalapeno jelly, and the breakfast potatoes were out of this world! UM Um UM Um...UMMMM!



After breakfast we did some thrift store shopping for Preston and the headed to the horse races for dollar days! Like our hats?? It was really windy in the parking lot so we had to hold them on for dear life!



There was a great cover band (in pretty classy outfits)...



A man playing the trumpet before every race...



And the horses warming up.... I didn't bet on any of the races but did enjoy watching them!



My weekend away was a blast, and MUCH NEEDED! I have a wonderful family and as always...i can't wait until the next time!





Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment