About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Friday, September 16, 2011

OOHHH September...

For our family, September is crazier than December. The number of Birthdays between mine and Prices imediate family is close to 10. After Martin and I got into our teen years, our family started celebrating the three of the four Barrett sibling birthdays in this month together. Most kids probably wouldn't like having to share their "special" day with their brother or sister, but i LOVED it! My sisters are a few years older than Martin and I and once we got older and they went off to college and Martin and I got involved in our own stuff, the four of us didn't see each other as much as we would have all like to. So these weekend spent celebrating were great! I miss those times and hope that soon we can start doing sibling weekends again.
Today was my birthday (and also Mexico's independance day :) ). When i got to work today, my co-workers had decorated my desk. They are so sweet! It looked great! I don't think the pictures do it justice.



They piled my desk with all kinds of candy, 2 different kinds of cookies, brownies, cheetos, and two cakes! One of the cakes was a corrot cake made by one of the supervisors in the office. This cake is pretty famous. Most people here know who Katie is, but even if they don't, they sure as heck know what "Katie's Carrot Cake" is!! I felt really lucky to get it...and not a single person turned down a slice! Ha Ha.

There was also this adorable litle cake with my name on it. I didn't share this one though, i'm taking it home and am going to enjoy it all to myself!

Thank you Wawanesa people for the sweet card, yummy treats and awesome desk!!

I'm off work tonight at 7:30 and have to head over to the airport because Price is flying in for a week!! I'm so excited! This will be the second longest span of time we've spent together in over a year! Last Christmas was a 2 week visit, so were due for some time together. Plus, this is the last time we'll get to see him until December when he moves back to California. Sooo Happy Birthday to me! This is a fabulous gift!

To all the September birthday people (Sydney, Ashlee, Price, Martin, Maureen, Moody, Robin, Dani, Andrea, Emily and everyone else I can't remember right now) HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment