About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Super Smoothie

I'm always on the hunt for something new and healthy that the boys will eat. I've been trying to take it a little easier the past week, so i did something i almost never do...read while on the elliptical. I picked up an issue of FITNESS magazine and started to thumb through it. I came across a TON of new recipes i plan on trying in the next few weeks. One of which was one called "Super Smoothie - A veggie drink your kids will love." This totally sounds too goo to be true...BUT IT'S NOT!!! And for anyone who loves Pumpkin pie (ME!!) you'll also love this.

1 Cup canned pumpkin
1 Cup Milk (i used whole milk because I'm trying to fatten these growing boys up)
2 TBLS maple syrup
1/3 TSP nutmeg
2/3 TSP cinnamon
1 TSP vanilla
1 Cup ice
Whipped Cream (optional - - but not in our house :) )

Blend everything but the ice until smooth. Add ice; continue to blend until thick and creamy. Garnish with whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon, if desired.
Serves 4

Nutrition Facts per serving:
88 calories, 3 grams protein, 15 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fat (1 g saturated), 2 grams fiber.

I think the next time i make this, i will try adding a banana...i don't think you would taste it and it never hurts to add more fruits.

Preston drank about 1/2 and was kind of over it. Ethan LOVED it and had seconds. I really liked it too. I hope it's a hit with your little ones (or even you)!!

Lots of Love ans Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment