About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Crock pot

I'm in my third week back to work and am beyond tired. I'm getting up at 4:30am everyday and not going to bed until close to 10 or 1030. Maverick has been doing pretty good about sleeping through the night, but those few nights when i still have to get up for 30-40 minutes to feed him leave me feeling even more wiped the next day. This is what my days look like right now: get up, shower, get dressed/do hair/makeup, feed Maverick,wake up the boys/feed them/dress them, make Price and I our green smoothies, pack up lunch and gym bag, leave house by 640am, drop boys off at school, work 8-430 (gym for an hour at lunch), pick boys up from school, get home at 6, cook dinner, make next days lunch, get coffee ready, do dishes (if Price hasn't done them), give boys a bath, read them a book, feed Mav again, set clothes out for the next day and try to get to bed by 10. I'm exhausted again just thinking about it all! In an effort to try to minimize dishes and spend more quality time with the kids and less time cooking, I discovered a website called: momswithcrockpots.com. Almost everything can be made in the crock pot without any other pots or pans and can be left to cook all day. I loved just about every recipe but I chose 4 (ones that had very little prep and very few ingredients) that I'm going to try this week.

1) pumpkin and chili chicken stew
2) tomato artichoke chicken on pasta
3) sour cream and bacon wrapped chicken with rice
4) dump and go cheesy chicken and broccoli

Yes, we eat a lot of chicken in our house. We usually do red meat one or twice a week but it's chicken and veggies most nights. I'm hoping these made my days a little easier and cut back on the number of dishes were using/having to wash. I'll make sure to post the impact momswithcrockpots has on the Walling family and if the food it as delicious as it looks!

XOXO Brogan Lee

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yep, I sure did....I gave a run down on what I made in the next post....check it oouutt! :)

      Delete