About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting back to it

First off, I apologize for the photos. I don't know what is going on with my computer but it is not saving any of the edits i make.
Anyway, getting back to it...Shape,that is. When I got pregnant with Maverick I was in the best shape I had been in since before I had Preston. I was down to 135 and exercising daily and eating really well. Now, 51 extra pounds and 3 kids later, I'm not going to mess around with getting back into that shape. It took me 8 months to feel great about the way I looked after Ethan was born, and I won't let this time take that long. I gave myself one week after birth to eat whatever I wanted and not do any physical activity. Thank goodness Thanksgiving fell in that week! Week one came and went and today I started a no processed sugar and no carb diet. I also started lightly working out again. At delivery I weighed 186 and after 1 week I was only down to 174.

So here is the diet:

BREAKFAST: 2 egg whites, 1 yolk, 1/4 avocado, coffee with a splash of heavy cream

MORNING SNACK: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 pear (or 5 strawberries), a handful or raw almonds

LUNCH: a sirloin patty (made with asparagus,onion,garlic and 1 egg white, and a side of steamed broccoli and cauliflower

AFTERNOON SNACK: 1/3 cucumber, 1 tomato, 2 slices of fresh mozzarella with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar

DINNER: a bowl of chicken soup (chicken breast, 1/2 chicken broth 1/2 water, onion, spinach, celery, and garlic)

DESSERT: 1 cubed apple with cinnamon (i like to microwave it for 2 minutes so it tastes like apple pie filling)

This weeks exercises is as follows:
Monday thru Saturday: walk to recreation center 4 blocks away, and do 4 laps around park. (Three laps is 1.3 miles)
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: dumbbell arm lifts and calf raises

I really hope that this diet/exercise plan gets me back into shape fast and still allows my milk supply to stay up since I plan to breastfeed for as long as possible. I'll keep updating my progress but if anyone sees me in a moment of weakness, feel free to rip any junk food from my hands or drag me out of bed to make sure I get my daily work out in!! :)

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment