About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving Week

Thanksgiving week was also the 1st week of Mavericks life, so here are some updates from "The Feast" and the adventures of the last seven days!

Anyone who knows us, knows that both the Walling family and the Barret family have a thing for cake. When Ethan was born, we told Preston he could have something special because he was going to be a big brother. Preston chose to have cake! It was so cute and kinda of a funny story amongst the family, that we decided to do it again this time for both boys. Preston got his "Big Brother 1" cake...



And Ethan got his "Big Brother 2" cake...

On the 23rd Mav and I headed back to the hospital for a routine check up to make sure he was nursing OK and he wasn't jaundice and hadn't lost too much weight. All his stats were perfect and he is a GREAT eater! (Surprise, surprise)

Here is is at 3 days old...I've been told that he looks like his Daddy in this pic.

Also on the 23rd, my little brother Martin came down for a visit. It was the 1st time i had all three boys in the car together and they did GREAT! I was very proud and impressed with them!

Uncle Marty was basically Santa Claus this weekend and continuously showered the boys with gifts...1st up: Aviators!

The it was the 24Th, Thanksgiving!! After having Maverick, the pressure was off my stomach and I could enjoy endless amounts of food without the annoying heartburn or full feeling after only a few bites. I took FULL advantage of the fact that this holiday fell in the one week span i gave myself to eat whatever i wanted!

Preston and Ethan are pretty picky eaters. My Grandma Donna made an AMAZING meal and all they wanted was turkey lunch meat, a dill pickle and apple sauce. I don't know why they are so picky. Price and I both will eat almost anything. Oh well, more food for me!

My mom found this HUGE bottle of wine almost a year ago and had been waiting for a special time to open it.

The 1st of many plates for me!

Our good friends Anna, Dustin and their daughter Ava Jay joined us for dinner. They are from Arkansas and don't have any family in California. It was great to spend the holiday with them! Between Martin and Dustin, Preston was in heaven to have men in the house again to rough house with.
Martin and my Grandma Donna (the wonderful chef) enjoying their meals.

Our family (minus my hubby and grandpa)...I look sooo tired and blah!

Uncle Marty and his boys! It only took about 12 attempts to get one decent picture with both Preston and Ethan looking in the general direction of the camera! :)

Preston is back to loving to hold Maverick. I guess he doesnt think he smells so bad anymore.

Amongst all the toys Martin brought was a toy plane. We went to the park and he tried to teach the boys how to fly it. It was pretty cute.
Other than the car picture, this is the 1st TRUE picture i was able to get of all my boys. Preston age 4, Ethan age 2 and Maverick 5 days old!
Maverick Charles Walling 5 days old!
He is officaly 1 week old! He is a wonderful baby! Seriously, he never cries (unless i'm changing his diaper in the cold), i have to wake him up to eat, he is perfect in the car and in the stroller and will sit in the bouncer and let me run around the house like a crazy person doing chores without so much as a squeal. Im truly a lucky mom!
Maverick's first week came and went so fast! It's sad :( He has already changed so much, I cant even imagine what the next few days/weeks/months have in store for us. Only 2 more weeks until his Daddy will be home and gets to meet him!



Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,


XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment