About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Girls weekend

In anticipation of Walling baby #3's arrival, my best friend Nicole came down from San Luis Obispo to help out (and visit). Unfortunately, the baby never came, but it was great getting to chat, relax, eat an ungodly amount of food and have her help with the boys. My grandma had flown in from New York a few days before and when we woke up in the morning, she treated us to some wonderful home made crepes with fresh strawberries!

Nicole works with kids, and her mom is a preschool teacher, so she is full of good ideas of how to keep little ones busy. With some of the over ripe bananas i had laying around, she taught the boys to make chocolate chip banana nut bread. Preston LOVES to cook and of course had to dress the part. He pulled out his Chef costume from Aunt Karlene and they got to baking! The bread was delicious and didn't even make it two days in the house!

I haven't had much of an appetite lately and couldn't put my finger on what i wanted for lunch. We narrowed it down to Mexican food and drove over to my favorite place in Imperial Beach. Going inside was a big mistake! We walked in the door and suddenly everything looked (and smelled) amazing!! Again we found ourselves unable to make up our minds so we ordered just about everything! We had potato tacos, enchiladas, rolled tacos, beans, rice, chips, about 5 different types of salsa and guacamole. It was um um GOOD! I'm sure this meal alone was responsible for me gaining back the few pounds i had lost in the past week.

I think the kids were too amped up from all the company and didn't nap. By 8 o'clock on the dot, both of them were knocked out on the couch. It was pretty cute (and a big relief to have some piece and quite!)

The next day we pulled out some paints and created art work. For Christmas, my sisters got the kids an easel and a bunch of paints. We had used up all the paints except for one pack. When i pulled the package out and read the back, i discovered something really interesting about these paints. They were all made of dried fruits and veggies!! It was literally corn starch and organic produce! All we had to do was add water. I felt like i was painting with watered down baby food, but i loved the concept! It is totally safe if the little ones put their hands in their mouths. Way to go sisters on this safe painting discovery!

After painting, we cleaned the table by spraying it down with shaving cream and letting them finger paint (see, didn't i tell you she is clever!)...

They didn't really grasp the finger painting part but LOVED spreading it around and getting it all over themselves.

Creamy hands...

...more creamy hands

Scrub a dub dub...

After the boys had their fun covering themselves in weird stuff, it was the grown ups turn! I couldn't believe Nicole had never done a face mask before! My mom picked up a few jars of my favorite mud mask in Old Town and we sloped it on our faces, soaked our feet in a cold bath and chatted away about her upcoming nuptials (YES she is getting married!!!) Even though the mask kind of burns/itches while it's on, i think the silky smooth, shrunken pore result was enough to make Nicole a face mask lifer! Ha Ha Ha

Since little Walling man was still being stubborn, we went to lunch on Nicole's last day here. Soup plantation is one of both of our all time favorites! I did some serious damage to my gut. If the Mexican food wasn't the reason for my weight gain, this meal DEFINITELY was!

We finished up her visit with a hopping spree at Babies R Us. My sisters and youngest niece are flying in this weekend for a visit and I'm pretty excited to see the little miss! As someone who is about the be the mother of 3 boys, I get a little crazy around girls clothing! I my have bought everything in hot pink, tulle and even a little fur! Nicole managed to re frame from pink and stuck to the purple outfit for Nora! I even made sure every outfit has a matching hear bow/band and tights! I cant wait to play dress up! I promise pictures will come!

I love our girls weekends and I for see many more in the future to prepare for her big day! I'm so glad I'll be on maternity leave for the next few months, it will make it SOOO much easier to get away... except for he three kids ;)

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee

1 comment:

  1. I had a blast with you last weekend as well, but I'm gonna kill you for posting that mask picture online!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete