About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween week (FINALLY!!)

WOW! It has been a REALLLLY long time since i have posted! It's now a week past Halloween and I'm just getting around to loading some pictures, sorry world! Anyway, last weekend the boys and i picked up some pumpkins at the base. I wasn't up for the pumpkin patch with them this year. I can't get on any of the rides and am not fast enough to chase after both of them by myself. I'm glad they didn't seem to mind skipping it this year. They really liked coloring all over the pumpkins and they let me cut some traditional faces into them.

I can't believe how different they look in that picture!Both boys were pretty proud of their pumpkins. I love the little things that make them happy!

Friday was the kids last day of daycare and they had a little Halloween party. Last year i went all out and made a few dozen different desserts and got a little creative. Being almost 38 weeks pregnant this year, i wasn't feeling the creative bug! I went to the bakery and ordered a fancy Halloween cake. However when I went to pick it up on Thursday night, the bakery informed me they had misplaced my order and didn't have anything ready. Sooo, the daycare kids got some store bought cupcakes with a candy bar stuck on top. I felt pretty bad about the sorry desserts they got this year.

I didn't want them wearing their new costumes because i figured they'd get ripped or dirty and didn't want to try to mend anything last minute. Preston wore his iron man costume from last year and Ethan wore the robin costume that is about 20 years old. A family friend made it for her son and then Martin (my little brother) wore it when he was 3 or 4 and Preston wore it when he was 2. I washed it and the letters all came off but it still worked.

Sadly by the time Monday night rolled around, Ethan had come down with a pretty nasty cold. He wasn't really feeling getting dressed up, but i managed to get part of his costume on and we headed out for a night of running from door to door in search of as much candy as we could each carry. Preston was READY!!

Preston could hardly contain himself to get his picture taken and as soon as the flash went off, he was at a dead sprint to the nearest house. He has told me multiple times that Halloween is his favorite day, even more than Christmas!

Ethan on the other hand took a much calmer approach to this holiday. I stuck with him as we slowly made our way from door to door. He stopped to look at every decoration, had to check out what candy he was just given and then when we ran across this cat, it held us up for about 10 minutes! The next morning Preston could hardly walk from running so hard and Ethan and I felt perfectly fine from taking it slow and steady! Ha Ha Ha

There were some pretty cute kids out and about in the neighborhood. It was so cute the way the older kids took Ethan's hand and pulled him to the front of the pack and weren't greedy to be the first to get candy at each house.

There's my little Bam Bam without his club and hat (and with a turtleneck on because of how cold it was and how sick he was). I still think he looked pretty cute!

Ethan got back to the house, walked through the front door to the kitchen, sat down and started tearing into his candy stash...

...as did every other kid there!!

They don't look so happy because this was right about the time the candy was taken away.

It was well past 8pm, they were tired and sweaty but it didn't stop them from playing a few battle rounds of BeyBlade (apparently it's the cool new toy for boys??)

The next morning, Preston and I were up early because he had a Dr appointment to get his shots for kindergarten (5 shots to be exact). I was under the assumption they would give them to him in his arms, and was hoping this was true because of how sore his legs already were. It literally took 15 minutes to get 20 feet from the parking lot to the front door of his doctor office because he was limping so bad. I sadly was wrong. The nurse made him lay down and cross his arms and I had to put his blanket over his chest and practically lay on top of him while she held his legs down and gave him the shots. It was terrible!! I had to hold back my tears as i watched him scream. He yelled so hard that it broke all the blood cells around his eyes and he was spotty for about 2 days. But within about 3 minutes he had calmed down. I took him for donuts afterwards(we found the BEST donut place EVER in Coronado!!) and to play with my friend Anna's daughter. He was such a good boy. I was really proud of how well he handled it all. Then we went back home, dumped out the candy from the night before and started to pick through everything. I think the boys were in heaven!!

Overall Halloween week went pretty well. The boys had a good time, they got lots of candy and Ethan is slowly recovering from his cold (and i now have it as well and will hopefully be recovering soon). I hope all of you had a ghoulish good time!!

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment