About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Maverick Charles Walling

It has been a good long while since i have posted anything new...and for a good reason. Walling baby #3, aka Maverick Charles Walling finally arrived! I never went into labor on my own so I ended up being induced on Sunday November 20Th at 40 weeks 6 days pregnant. My wonderful sisters Karlene (far right) and Ashlee (center) flew down for the weekend to be my support system during delivery since Price wasn't going to make it. I don't know how i would have done it without them!

Along with my sister Ashlee came my youngest niece Nora Grace. I obviously don't have any daughters but still LOVE all the pink and ruffles and fun girl clothes. So, in anticipation of Nora's arrival, i did a little shopping and got her clothes for the weekend. Check out her looks:
OUTFIT #1

OUTFIT #2

OUTFIT #3

OUTFIT #4 (its kind of hard to see in this pic but she was wearing a pink floral onesie, fur vest, and layered floral jean mini skirt) She had one last outfit, but I left for the hospital before i got to see her in it.

I was scheduled for an induction at 1pm but my sisters thought we should head over early and see if they could get the ball rolling. I'm so glad we did! We walked in the doors and there was no one there so they took me right in! At exactly 11 am i was started on potesin (a labor inducing drug). At 2pm they broke my water, at 3pm they started the epidural (which took 2 attempts and 45 minutes to get in), and after 3 pushes our little man made his grand entrance at 5:09 pm!

He weighed 8 pounds and 7 ounces and was 22 inches long. He is the longest of all my boys by an inch and the heaviest by one ounce. Ethan was the shortest and heaviest of them all!

Maverick had a full head of dark hair just like i did when i was born.

I am beyond lucky to have had these great women with me along the way. Karlene: thank you for staying calm and supporting me through the whole epidural process. It was NOT an enjoyable 45 minutes and it was really reassuring to have you in front of me the entire time.

Ashlee: thank you for keeping a close eye on Mavericks heart rate in the last hour of labor. I was indescribably worried and trying not to panic but you told me everything was OK and hearing you say that really made me feel better.

Anna: You made it just in time girl! I loved your excitement and enthusiasm and positive energy!

Preston had been DYING for his newest baby brother to be born. So as soon as he got the phone call and started seeing pictures sent from the hospital, he was ready to come visit. He wanted to hold Maverick right away but then was ready to hand him right back when the baby started to let out some pretty bad gas! Ha Ha Ha!

Monday night we loaded up and headed home! I was nervous about how all the boys were going to get along but it went pretty well!

Ethan really likes to look at Maverick and waves to him and says "hi baby", but doesn't have a real desire to touch him or get too close.

Everything is still in whirl wind status, and i'm trying to get into a routine again, but for the most part life with three boys has not been to bad. Thank you to all the help I have (and had). I'm sure this adjustment period would not be the same without all of you!

I feel so blessed to have another healthy, handsome little boy and I can't wait to see what kind of adventures he has in store for us! I'm hoping to stay on top of my posts and keeping all of you updated of our crazy lives, but i have no idea what kind if free time i'll have!

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs!
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment