About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Nursery

With less than 2 weeks to go until my due date, I finally have the nursery about finished. The only thing missing in there (besides baseboards, crown molding, closet doors and a new window) is the ceiling fan. We were able to get a few installed in the other rooms of the house but the nursery and the family room are the last to be put up. Hopefully in the next few weeks I'll have that taken care of. Anyway, take a look at what we've done...

Since we are having another boy, I didn't want to buy new bedding and decorations for the room and start all over, plus I still liked the jungle theme we put in there for Ethan. So instead, I bought a jungle themed wall decal off my favorite website etsy.com.

Also since our house is 100% tile floor, I also put a new rug in there to warm it up a little, add some more color and cushion the floor a bit.

The decal was super easy to put up. It came in a bunch of pieces and my mom and I got it done in about an hour and a half. It can be removed later and doesn't damage the walls. I also ordered his name in the same decal material from another company and was really happy with the result. Not to mention, it was a TON cheaper than buying letters and painting them like I did for Preston and Ethan.

I kept the plaster belly my sisters Karlene and Ashlee and cousin Erin did of my stomach when I was 36 weeks pregnant with Preston. I had a scarf that was almost the same colors as the room so I tied it on there for some "coverage". It looks so small compared to what I'm carrying around now!! I like having something from each of the boys/each of my pregnancies in there.

I found these great fabric lined wicker baskets at Target about a year ago to store the toys in my living room in. I measured them and found that they fit perfectly under the changing table!...AND Target still carried them in stock for about $19! I was pretty excited! They hold a lot and look nice in there. The animal masks were found by my mom a few years back while she was on vacation in San Clemente and the paintings were done by a man in my home town.

I L-O-V-E this glider! It was a gift from my sisters when I had Preston and it is really comfortable! The kids have gotten it kind of dirty but luckily most of the cushions come off and can be put in the washer! It is great for nursing, rocking the little ones to sleep, or just relaxing in.

Oh, and that dresser...it has been in our family for YEARS! It was my moms when she was a little girl. It has just a few nicks on it from all the moves, but otherwise is in great shape!

Now, the room is d-o-n-e!!! All we need is the baby and it will be complete! AANNYYY day now... :) HA HA HA

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
XOX Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment