About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Kitchen Progress

The kitchen is probably where I spend the majority of my time in the house. When we bought the house, it was the farthest thing from me dream kitchen. This is what it looked like just a few days after we were given the keys. There were two doorways to the garage right next to eachother, a significant amount of mold on the walls, the fridge was on the right side of the kitchen, and we had a very lovely bright floral wall papercovered plaster board on all the walls. P.s. look how little Preston was! Those shorts are almost too small on Ethan now!...Phase 1:


After a few months, i couldn't take the kitchen being the way it was any longer. Price's Uncle Robin covered up one of the doorways, replaced all the moldy drywall, took down the lovely floral stuff, refinished the walls and moved the electrical to the left side of the kitchen for the fridge....Phase 2:


AGAIN, I became restless and couldn't stand the kitchen looking even like this. So i bought a small pantry, hung a shelf, re-painted the cabinets and lined them with lanolium. It felt much more put together and CLEANER! Now, I just need a wall phone where that ugle metal plate is (I tried to do the wireing for the phone myself, but clearly i'm no professional which is why it still looks like this)and to have the shaker boards put back up, and the lights to be replaced, and I think i'll be able to resist any more changes in the kitchen for a while (at least until we hit the lotto and can affotd to rip it all out and put in my dream kitchen!)...Phase 3:


Our tiny, little kitchen when we moved in. I guess there wasn't enough closet space in the house, because the previous owners built a closet from the living room right into the kitchen (thats the weird box looking think on the left). Well, that was ripped out and the fridge was put in its place...Phase 1:


Phase 2....


This is what the kitchen currently looks like...Phase 3:


Like that closet? I really don't know what those people were thinking? AND, i really don't understand the need for the peep hole area in the back of if. I guess it will forever be a mystery...Phase 1:


Phase 2...


The current look of our kitchen...Phase 3:


Things are comming a long, and our house is starting to feel more and more like a home now. I have LOTS of more "progress" post in store for you, stick around :)

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment