About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Zoo Weekend

This past weekend my best friend Nicole and her boyfriend Michael (or as I have always called him, Miguel)came to San Diego for a visit. We spend most of the weekend at the Zoo! Unfortunately I was really exhausted and come to find out was on the verge of getting the 2ND worst flu i have ever had. I feel bad that i wasn't the best host or the most fun, but I feel like we still had a pretty good time. Here are some pics from our time out and about in town enjoying the beautiful weather...

Nicole and Preston are almost the exact heights as two of the monkeys who live at the S.D. Zoo!...

This gorilla had just put on a pretty graphic mating display and then turned around all proud and sat there for pictures for about 10 minutes...it was really hilarious but i feel like the kids should have has their eyes covered!

Ethan was finally let out of his stroller after about an hour and took off at a sprint from animal to animal with us chasing him yelling "WALK, WALK". Preston really liked trying to be the "big boy" and boss Ethan around. After all, Preston had the map,, so "he KNEW where we needed to go"...Although the snakes were all he seemed to be concerned with...

Panda Bears!! This was the baby of the other one that is also at the zoo...

Nicole and Preston were trying to figure out how to get to the elephants...

They figured out where we needed to go, then we headed up two REALLY steep escalators. Preston thought he should "Surf" up to the top...

We finally made it, and from the looks of this picture, i think i found my twin! :( I'm getting so huge and I'm only 6 1/2 months along!!

Most of the elephants were in their cages getting fed but this big-tusked elephant was still out and munchin' away!...

He made us hungry so we stopped just outside of his "pen" and grabbed some grub...

Preston is starting to look so grown up :( ...

I'm waiting for Nicole to load her cameras pictures so I can steal a few of the ones I took of her and Mike. I know i got a few good ones, so I'll make sure to update soon...

We headed home after the boys (and the adults) were WAY hot and WAY tired. I got the kids in the bath, and then Mike pulled out some Nerf guns he brought for the boys and distracted them while Nicole and I made dinner. We scarfed down brie and tri-tip, fresh fruit salad, garlic bread, green beans (which Nicole actually enjoyed!! Success!!), salad and chased it all down with brownie/ice cream Sundays while watching the movie "Limitless".

After a night of practice, Preston had the Nerf gun thing down and got a bull's eye!!! He was soooo proud of himself (and so were we!)!


As always, our visit was too short and I'm already looking forward to the next time we get together! Hopefully, it will be soon and before Walling nugget #3 makes his grand entrance!

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
XOXO Brogan Lee


No comments:

Post a Comment