About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Our 5th Anniversary

To say time has flown by is an understatement! I can't believe Price and I have already been married 5 years! It doesn't seem that long ago that he and I said our "I DO's". The sad part about our anniversary is that this is the four year in a row we have been apart. Our 1st anniversary we spent the weekend at Six Flags. I had never been before and it was a blast! It was also about 108 degrees but we got there early and got onto all the rides with less than a 15 minutes wait. The 2ND year Price was deployed, the 3rd Price and his uncle were remodeling our home and it was only 2 weeks after Ethan was born so I spent a few weeks up in Fresno, and last year he had already been sent to Florida for this E.O.D. school. This year he is still in Florida finishing up his schooling. Romantic right? :( Hopefully next year we'll be back in the same place and we'll get to celebrate the right way! Despite being so far away, Price was sweet enough to send a little something to my office...

It was a really nice surprise and REALLY delicious! As much as i loved the gesture, the most wonderful thing he did yesterday was send an EXTREMELY sweet card to the house. I'm really glad it was sent to our house and not the office because it made me cry and that would just be embarrassing at work. :) I L-O-V-E getting hand written letters/cards!!

As if the chocolate covered fruit wasn't enough sugar, my company had a "Cupcake Day". A food truck cupcake company called "CORNER CUPCAKE" rolled into the office parking lot and handed out little boxes filled with 3 different kinds of sweet treats: chocolate cake with salted Carmel butter cream frosting (this is the one i had...and loved), red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, or white cake with raspberry frosting. I liked the salted Carmel frosting so much that i looked up a recipe and am going to give it a try this weekend. I'll keep you all posted on how it turns out.

Well, that was how my anniversary was spent minus my husband :( ... I feel very lucky to be married to such a wonderful man and am very grateful that my kids have such a fantastic role model. I'm looking forward to finding out what the next 5 years has in store for us!

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs,
Brogan Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment