About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Mills Wedding

The weekend we've been waiting for for the past year has finally arrived! It's the weekend my sister Karlene marries her fantastic fiance Richard! Preston,Ethan, my Mom and I drove to Santa Cruz early Thursday morning to start the festivities. My other sister Ashlee was already there with her two girls. The cousins hit it off and played their little hearts out. There was a lot of chasing around the house, laughing, drawing fake moles on themselves (they like to look like their Aunt Karlene) and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.



Ethan stole my dinner our first night there and Sydney was really interested in watching him eat (Ethan was not so interested in being watched:) ).



Friday was the rehearsal and then afterwards we had a fantastic dinner in the backyard of the incredible house we were all staying at. Here are a few shots from dinner:

The breads, fruits, veggies and cheeses (i could not get enough of the cheese and I think Ethan ate more than half of the crackers)...


The tables in the HUGE back yard...never have i been to a house with so many different colors on the exterior and interior, but it TOTALLY worked! I loved this house!


The groomsmen with the Groom and their gifts, sweater vests and Makers Mark!


Sahara, Karlene's best friend since childhood giving her speech(i don't remember when they met, but she has been in Karlene's life for as long as i can remember). She is a fantastic writer and it is clear how much she loves Karlene and the bond they have. Her speech totally made me cry! It was beautiful.


The siblings (and my three best friends). I love them all so much and I hate how little i get to see them, but LOVE the times we have together.


My sister Ashlee and her husband Jeff with their two daughters Sydney Lyn and Nora Grace. They are a beautiful family. I love those little girls. I really hope they all move back to California soon so I can be in their lives more. I want to be that cool Aunt who always feeds them too much sugar and lets them stay up too late watching movies.


Here is my little family!! Price flew in the night before and was only able to stay until the next morning. Even though it was less than 36 hours of a visit, it was so wonderful to get to spend time together as a complete family. I can't wait for December when he'll get to move back home!


Karlene's dress!! It was so classic and had a vintage feel to it. She looked absolutely amazing! I was so honored to go dress shopping with her. I felt really special being involved in such a big decision. I remember when she tried this dress on and our (her mom and I) reactions and the reactions of the other women in the boutique. I'm so glad this is the dress she choose, I can't have imagined something more fitting!


The wedding location had a great little house on it where the bridesmaids and the bride were all able to get ready. We spend the morning munching on salad and sandwiches and getting our hair and makeup done. Then the dresses went on and the show was ready to begin...


Karlene wore these fantastic green heals with her dress. Not only did i love the shoes, but this is one of my favorite pictures of her getting ready...


Our flowers...


A toast before she walks down the aisle...


Our Dad and Karlene making her grand entrance...


Part of the wedding party during the "I do's". Please excuse my hugeness :( ...


The newly wed's being announced into the reception...


The table settings...


Here is the dessert table that was set up in the barn. I only tried the cookies (which were um, um GOOD) because it was all I could manage to shove in my face as I chased our boys around, but the pies and carrot cake looked fantastic.


The husband and wife sitting down for dinner (tri tip, chicken, rice, grilled veggies, fresh bread...)


Ashlee giving her speech, I couldn't hear any of the speeches because Ethan was crying so I had to keep a pretty good distance away.


Our Dad giving his speech...


The barn and dance floor and Richards brother and his wife...


1ST dance as the happy married couple. I love this picture for a few reasons, 1: The smile on Karlene's moms face as she looks on in the background, 2: the beautiful setting, and 3: just how perfect these two are together and knowing they will now officially be spending the rest of their lives together :)


Richard added a little flare in the dance...


Preston made a few buddies and got his groove on too...


So did my Aunt Mary and Uncle Tom...


And, just about everyone else! The guests seemed to be having such a great time. I love seeing so many wonderful people so happy...


Here is Price and I with my sister.


My mom and brother Martin. It's hard not to notice the family resemblance :)


Sunday we hit the road back to San Diego. We stopped for lunch at Mcdonalds and the boys were REALLY happy. I don't know if it was the food or getting out of the car that made them happier. Notice the black dots on Preston's face?...Those are some left over fake moles Karlene let him drawl on himself that morning.


This is probably mildly inappropriate to post online, but I just think it is so dang funny that I had too. It is one of the great benefits of having boys, they can go the bathroom anywhere, no mater how much traffic or how far we are from a bathroom! :)



Congratulations to the Karlene and Richard Mills. Enjoy 8 days in Hawaii and a long and happy life together! I love you both!

XOXO Brogan Lee

1 comment: