About Me

My photo
Back to the beginning: Price and I met at YHS my freshman (his sophmore) year and dated for the next three years. After Price graduated, he joined the military and was stationed in Beautiful San Diego. Shortly after I graduated, we were married and had our 1st little man on the way: Preston Barrett Walling, born 2/2/07. We bought our 1st home in May 2009 and Little man #2, Ethan Jefferson Walling, followed on 7/29/09. As if life wasn't already crazy enough after that, we welcomed baby boy #3, Maverick Charles Walling on 11/20/2011 and our first girl (and Dog) Lucy in January 2012. We're still in San Diego, living one adventure after another!

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Livingroom Progress

Like our front entry way and door? We, didn't either! The dirty teal colored door, the plastic mail catcher, the olive green tile floor, peeling wall paper and silver silk curtains HAD to go!...PHASE 1:


We removed the green flooring and replaced it with neutral tiles, refinished the walls, and repainted EVERYTHING..oh and tossed those curtain within about 5 minutes of taking the above picture... Phase 2 (and basically 3):


One of the walls was painted the same teal color as the front door and then had gold flaked mirrors taped all over it in this diamond pattern. There was also an accordion door (like you see in motor homes) separating the living room from the kitchen, royal blue shag carpet, and some type of a weird foam acoustic ceiling tile in this room. Not to mention the closet door that lead to the big box that stuck out into the kitchen that you saw in the last post... Phase 1:


Price's Uncle Robin came to our rescue in this room again. He removed the closet door and refinished the ceilings (after Price removed the tiles and moldy popcorn ceiling that was under it. We hucked the accordion door and my mom and I spent several hours with Goo Gone taking down all the mirrors. Robin and Price tiled the entire house, so no more shag in this room!... Phase 2:


We got a new TV (the Sony outlet center had a deal we just COULDN'T pass up), some pillows, lamps, and I hung a few shelves for the random nick knacks we've collected over the years...Phase 3:


I guess I don't have a "Phase 1" picture for this area of the room, but it's basically just the section i couldn't fit in the last photo. I'll call this...Phase 2 (continued):


We now have some metal art on the walls and a rug, which already needs to be replaced. I don't seem to be very good about making the boys remove shoes and keep food in the kitchen. Plus this is where most of the foot traffic in the house is. I guess a white rug was the wrong choice!?! If anyone sees a nice colored one that will hide stains and dirt AND is less than $400, PLEASE send a link my way!...Phase 3:


Again, I seem to have not taken as many "phase 1" photos as i should have because this area is missing. We'll (again) call this...Phase 2:


Some iron scroll-y candle holders were put up, we got a new lamp and some bins/baskets to hide the boys toys. The HIDING part never lasts too long. They are usually spewed all over the place :)...Phase 3:


That's about it for the living room. My mom helped me pick out an AWESOME ceiling fan for the room that looks a little like an old airplane propeller. I'm determined to have it installed one way or another by the end of October, so when it's up I'll make sure to post a few pics!

Lots of Love and Bunches of Hugs!
XOXO Brogan Lee

1 comment:

  1. If your looking for a less expensive rug I would definitely go to overstock.com!

    ReplyDelete